Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Chanakya's Gems of Life!

More than half of the month of March is gone and I am posting my first post of the month. The reasons are more health related than anything else. My allergy to pollen grains is back with a vengeance and I have been reeling "under the weather". Shinod and Himanshu are back from their shoots in Jodhpur where Santosh has been, at most, steady. The Oriental Palace Resort virtual shoot and video has been quite a hit. Kudos to Shinod for the same. We have made some progress in propagating Udaipur Dopahar's popularity in Udaipur. A tie-up with a leading bank for event based activities neared a climax but the actual inking of the agreement is still pending.

During the course of the aforesaid activities, I came in  touch with a doctor in Udaipur from whom I got hold of a very interesting book by the name of Chanakya's Chant by Ashwin Sanghi. This book recollects incidents from the times of Maurya Emperor Chandra Gupta Maurya and that of his able adviser the wily Brahmin, Vishnu Gupta aka Kautilya popularly known as Chanakya.

In the following lines, I am quoting 10 gems that I encountered while reading the book credited to Chanakya but inspired from other sources.

1) Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead - Benjamin Franklin
2)I am a great believer of luck and find the harder I work the more I have of it- Thomas Jefferson
3) A hungry man is more interested in 4 sandwiches than 4 freedoms- Henry Cabot Lodge Jr
4) If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable- Louise D Brandeis
5) I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians- Charles de Gaulle.
6) Politics is war without bloodshed, while war is politics with bloodshed- Mao Tse Tung
7) The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese-Jon Hammond
8) Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but get you nowhere-Dorothy Galyean
9)  Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side-Claude McDonald
10) When choosing between 2 evils, always choose the one you haven't tried yet- Mae West.

No comments:

Post a Comment